Friday, October 06, 2006

Hastert Should Resign...They Should All Resign

I think we have two parties in Congress: the Dumb Party and the Stupid Party. The recent behavior of Rep Foley is sickening and intensely disturbing, but what's new in terms of stupid, idiotic behavior?

A great deal of those Representatives and Senators consistently behave in stupid and idiotic ways. Case in point, they spend other people's money like there's no tomorrow, like rabid ladies out on shopping sprees, clutching their fistfuls of credit cards in their sweaty hands.

My wife and I are attending a Crown Ministries Bible Study, which is all about financial stewardship. One of the basic ideas in the course is that how you relate to and deal with money indicates a lot about you and your relationship with God (or lack thereof). If you can't spend ten bucks wisely (or not spend it), then you have some serious issues. We're talking ten bucks, not ten billion.

As I said, the Dumb Party and the Stupid Party...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here! Here! or Hear! Hear! depending on who you're addressing. Which brings me to a certain point...I'll email it.

By the way...did you ever catch our additions to your discussions with Kari? Does blogger send you emails when someone comments?

10:51 AM  
Blogger ToadRocket said...

Oh...hmm, no. Blogger doesn't send emails. I don't think I caught those - I'll go back and see...

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home