Saturday, February 24, 2007

Peace Activists and Godzilla


Every once in a while, some peace activists scuttle out of whatever broken down '73 VW bus they live in and deposit themselves, like unwanted minerals on your toilet porcelain, at one of the main intersections in my town.
They were out in force today, mainly due to the nice weather, I suppose. They had signs with sayings like: "Honk For Peace" or "Down With Bush" or just the peace symbol.
One of the mildly interesting things about these folks is that they all look like scraggly leftovers from the 60s.
Anyway, it is at times like these that I have a tough time holding onto my christianity. Driving past them, the thought struck me that it might be nice to be able to control wild animals or at least insects with my mind. That way, I could send a swarm of mosquitos onto the peace activists and see how long they stay peaceful.
Or, maybe it would be productive to get my own sign and stand among 'em. My sign would say something like: "Honk If You Think Peace Activists Are Dopes" or "Honk If You Think War Is Sometimes Necessary" or "Honk If You Think The Guy Next To Me Is A Weenie."
Or, maybe it'd be nice if Godzilla just showed up and ate 'em all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home