Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Marriage of Rick Warren and Barack Obama


Rick Warren, pastor and author of The Purpose Driven Life, had Senator Barack Obama out to his church last week to speak about AIDS and prevention. The Senator received a standing ovation. One church member remarked afterward that, "If I had my preference, abstinence would get the most emphasis. But I'm not so insensitive to other cultures and other ways of thinking to know that abstinence is not always going to be the answer."

The logic behind Warren inviting Obama to speak is less than compelling. The church member's response is, frankly, something worse than moronic. If you follow that logic with other issues, the stupidity of it becomes a bit more glaring. Consider it with the issue of murder: "If I had my preference, not murdering folks would get the most emphasis. But I'm not so insensitive to other cultures and other ways of thinking to know that not murdering folks is not always going to be the answer."

Rick Warren needs to retire.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what their kids will look like.

9:38 AM  
Blogger ToadRocket said...

Eeyargh...that's an unsettling thought.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAKE EXTRA MONEY NOW!!!! BUY THIS SPECIAL PRINTING PRESS FOR JUST $2000 AND PRINT ALL THE MONEY YOU WANT!!!!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bueler

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home