Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back Out Of The Hospital


Well, I just got out of the hospital for the third time this year. I must say that I'm extremely grateful for hospitals, but I cannot stand them at the same time. Who loves being in a hospital?

We probably have one of the best health care systems in the world (and, no, let's not get into an argument about the economics of that system, which is a slightly different issue). I'm deliriously grateful for it, as it's saved my life three times this year (this is the Chinese Year of the Doctor for me).

Still, I cannot stand hospitals. They're so bureaucraticized, sterile, noisy, impersonal and invasive ("here, put on this gown that will be constantly revealing your buttocks to all").

But, I'm grateful. I'm grateful...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say?

yes, yes, yes, yes. On all of what you said.

But saving my (our) lives trumps all.

We have been praying. I was concerned before we heard from you. Never hesitate to send out an SOS. I have even had a dream we are praying from.

Is that sanctioned by World magazine?

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. I think a good idea for a nouveau style hospital is for all the doctors and the nurses to wear those buttock revealing garbs.

12:22 PM  
Blogger ToadRocket said...

Ah, that might make it a bit too exciting for the old heart patients. I can see it now. "Oh, nurse? Nurse?" The old voice quavers and then falls into final silence.

World mag is quite liberal, don't you fear. Be thankful I didn't get you a subscription to some John Birch magazine. Hmm. Not a bad idea...

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home