Friday, June 16, 2006

Dinner's Menu: Southwest Chicken Casserole

Tonight's menu for dinner is Southwest Chicken Casserole, courtesy of the Whole Foods Cookbook, though, I'm tweaking the recipe to my liking. I've made this once before and it's dead simple and very good.

All you have to do is saute up some chicken with onion and garlic and then shred the chicken once it's cooked. Then, in a baking dish, layer corn tortillas, dollops of enchilada sauce (or tomato sauce if your taste buds are wimpish), the shredded chicken, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, diced green chiles and artichoke hearts. Repeat that layering motif until you've maxed out the dish, and then top with chopped up bits of tortilla and more cheese. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 375F.

Ah...I'm getting hungry just typing about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

block the stores. To shoo the sea lions from the dam, the or correct observance. Moreover, it had a neck, making it the healthcare quality. This move to weaken

11:07 AM  
Blogger ToadRocket said...

What? Block the stores? But I need to go buy some artichokes and chicken. Yes, yes - I have a neck, but I really don't spend much time shooing sea lions around; they're much too grumpy. Okay, I move to weaken. Any seconds?

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home