Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Muggeridge's Chronicles of Wasted Time

I'm currently reading a wonderful, marvelous book. Malcom Muggeridge's auto-biography: Chronicles of Wasted Time. Muggeridge was a British journalist, writer, TV personality, etc., who was born in the early 1900s and had his run through the World War and the subsequent Cold War. His writing is full of sharp and sudden insights. I haven't read a book like this in a long time...better than refreshing.

It's odd how quickly I forget what good writing is like. I've obviously been reading too many thrillers and writing that really isn't writing but is just typing (I forget who coined that? Shaw? One of those cynical British minds from the earlier part of the century.).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
Send it up my way when you are finished. I love reading Biography's. Promice I'll return it.
Lionel.

1:05 PM  
Blogger ToadRocket said...

Okay, will do. It's a massive, thick thing.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home